Paul A. Watterson, MD
Kind and gifted physician. Nothing better defines Dr. Paul Watterson. Patients feel an immediate ease and rapport with Dr. Watterson, who has been acknowledged throughout his schooling and medical career as a master technician and passionate surgeon whose gentle smile and calm nature establishes trusted confidence.
Dr. Watterson graduated from Utah State University where he was voted Student Body President in 1977 and later appointed to serve on Utah’s board of Regents. Following his freshman year, he devoted two years to missionary service in South Africa.
His commitment and academic excellence was again recognized at George Washington University Medical School where he graduated a member of Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Medical Honor Society in 1982 and his classmates honored him with the Benjamin Manchester Humanitarian award.
Dr. Watterson finished his general surgery training at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1987 and was subsequently awarded a coveted anatomic research fellowship at the Royal Melbourne Hospital in Melbourne, Australia.
Upon completion of his Plastic Surgery Residency at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia in 1990, he received the Glancy Outstanding Resident Award by the Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons. This same pattern of excellence has continued throughout his career. For the past twelve consecutive years, Charlotte physicians have voted Dr. Watterson “Top Doc” as published in Charlotte Magazine. “I have a love for my work and the absolutely positive impact it can have in a person’s life,” says Dr. Watterson. His patients understand that his top surgical priority is their safety and to honor the God-given beauty in each one. “To me, natural is confident and beautiful.”
Dr. Watterson’s wife Cydne has a Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology from the University of North Carolina. They have three sons – Neal, Nathan and Michael. His outside interests include sports of all kinds, camping, oil painting, fishing and volunteer work with the Boy Scouts of America.
• Undergraduate: Utah State University
• Medical School: George Washington University Medical School
• Member of the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Medical Honor Society
• Honored by his classmates with the Benjamin Manchester Humanitarian Award
• General surgery residency at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
• Anatomic fellowship at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
• Plastic surgery residency at Emory University
• Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
• Board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
• Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
• Clinical professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
• Selected as one of the “The Best Doctors in America” and “America’s Top Plastic Surgeon”
• Voted “Top Doc” by Charlotte physicians the past 12 years as published in Charlotte magazine