Thank you for your interest in joining the Medical Advisory Board of The Plastic Surgery Channel. Our mission is to provide accurate and unbiased information about cosmetic procedures and reconstructive surgery to a consumer audience through our article content and ‘edu-tainment’ programming.
To ensure the information provided to our viewers is correct and up-to-date, we are establishing a Medical Advisory Board, comprised of board certified plastic surgeons who have a demonstrated area of expertise. Members of the Medical Advisory Board will play a critical role in keeping the site current on advances in plastic surgery, increasing viewer engagement, and ensuring the content is trustworthy. Here are a few factors that will be considered in reviewing an applicant’s candidacy for the board:
- Number of years in practice
- Area(s) of specialization
- Recognition as a thought leader (e.g., frequency of presentations)
- Demonstrated expertise (e.g., articles published on related topics)
- Previous leadership positions held in leading medical societies
- Educational and institutional affiliations
- Media experience (e.g., television and magazine interviews, blogging, etc.)
- Level of engagement on The Plastic Surgery Channel
We currently plan for the selection of the Medical Advisory Board to be a three-step process involving completion of the online application, an interview with Chief Medical Advisor Dr. William P. Adams, Jr., and finally review and approval by the channel’s founding partners and/or faculty members.
We appreciate your interest and look forward to receiving your application.